Terms and Conditions Governing Access and Use of the ACT Internet Site
The ACT Internet site is maintained by ACT, Inc., as a service to individuals and the educational and business
communities who use the Internet. Access to and use of the ACT Internet site are subject to the terms and
conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. These terms and conditions may be revised or updated
by ACT, Inc.
- Copyright: All content in the ACT Internet site is copyrighted. No material may be distributed,
downloaded, modified, reused, reproduced, reposted, retransmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast,
circulated, or otherwise used except as expressly stated either in such materials or in this notice without
the express written permission of ACT, Inc. For permission to reproduce copyrighted materials, contact
the ACT Publications Department at Publications@act.org.
- Use: The purpose of this website is to provide information and services related to ACT's programs
and services. All materials are provided solely for personal, institutional, or demonstration non-commercial
- No representations: ACT attempts to keep the contents of this site accurate and current, but makes
no warranties or representations in this regard. Visitors and users therefore agree that all access to
and use of the ACT Internet site is at the user's sole risk. NEITHER ACT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES
OR AGENTS, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY ASSOCIATED WITH ACT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER TO THE ACCESS,
USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE ACT INTERNET SITE OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY WAY OF THAT SITE, OR TO ANY ERRORS
OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT HEREOF. Users and visitors specifically waive any and all claims they may have
against all of the foregoing entities and individuals arising out of or relating to access to or use of
- Notice and disclaimer: ACT provides various online registrations, applications, and request forms
as a convenience to its users. All users of these services do so at their sole risk and without any representations,
warranties, or assurances by ACT regarding the security of the information that they provide online (including
credit card information). ACT further makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that the information
users supply online will be transmitted immediately or correctly to ACT or will be processed in the amount
of time users require to meet their needs. By using these online services, all users expressly acknowledge
and agree that they will not have or assert any claims of any kind or character against ACT or its employees
or agents relating in any way to their use of the service(s).
- Notice and disclaimer: ACT provides electronic commerce as an optional service and convenience
to our customers. All users of this service do so at their sole risk and without any representations, warranties,
or assurances by ACT regarding the security of the information that is provided as part of the electronic
commerce (including credit card information) or the timeliness or effectiveness of the delivery of purchased
items. By using the electronic commerce service, customers expressly acknowledge and agree that they will
not have or assert any claims of any kind or character against ACT or its employees or agents relating
in any way to the customer's use of the service.
- Trademarks: The following are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACT: ACT®, ACT
Aspire™, ACT ASSESSMENT®, ACT Center®, ACT National Curriculum Survey®,
ACT Online Prep™, Advantage®, AIM ACT Information Manager®, ASSET®, Career
Planning Survey™, Career Ready 101 (logo only), College Readiness Standards™, COMPASS®, Core
Practice™, CoreWork®, DISCOVER®, ENGAGE®, EPAS®, EXPLORE®,
Express Score®, Global Assessment Certificate (logo only), Insights, That Unlock Potential™,
JOBPRO®, KeyTrain®, National Career Readiness Certificate (logo only), NCRC™, PLAN®,
QualityCore®, RegiSTAR™, Right Skills Now™, SkillMap®, SkillPro®, Validus®,
No use of any ACT trademark is permitted without express written consent from ACT, Inc. For more information,
call the ACT Publications Department at Publications@act.org.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States
and other countries.
Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Linking to the ACT Internet site: We are pleased you want to create a link to the ACT Internet site.
We ask that you observe the following conditions:
- Links pertaining to ACT programs and services should point only to the URL https://www.act.org.
These addresses will not change.
- Upon establishing a link to the ACT website, please send an email including the URL of the link's page,
a contact person's name, and email address to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may use the words "ACT," or "ACT, Inc.," for a text link. We are no longer known as American College
- Permission is not granted to include material from the ACT Internet site on other websites. You may only
include a link directing a browser to material on the ACT Internet site.
- No permission is given to use the official ACT logo or any other graphics or images from the ACT website.
- Links from the ACT Internet site: ACT provides links to other websites for informational purposes
only. ACT is not responsible for the content in other sites, and links from the ACT website to other sites
are not intended to imply endorsement of them by ACT.
- Privacy: ACT recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information provided